Q: What are the main benefits of using the b2bdatawarehouse?
A1: Expand your universe of prospect contacts and company sites that look more like your existing customers
A2: Improve response to your retention & prospect campaigns
A3: Realize significant savings on your list costs
The b2bdw helps you to mail more with higher response rates at a reduced cost.
Q: Can I "test" the b2bdatawarehouse?
A: We encourage testing. Our experts will provide you with a free firmographic profile and analysis of your customer file. From that we create for you a test recommendation. The next step is to send you records to mail in your normal manner and have you perform your usual campaign analysis.
Q: If I'm using a standard merge / purge, can I save money using the b2bdatawarehouse?
A: The basic economics of the b2bdatawarehouse are as follows:
- Lowest base rate (or negotiated rate)
- Selection fees waived
- Net/Net usage
- No "per list" minimum usage requirements
- No production fees (shipping/run charges)
All mailers realize these benefits immediately once they start using the b2bdatawarehouse. Typically, mailers can save 15% to 40% in list costs by using the b2bdatawarehouse.
Q: If I have a private database (PDB), why would I consider the b2bdatawarehouse?
A: There are many issues that private database mailers face that the b2bdw solves:
- Difficult for PDB mailers to support usage demands
- If usage is low, getting refreshed data can be difficult, forcing you to use aged data which can effect campaigns
- Higher list costs - many PDB mailers find selection, production and shipping fees rolled into the base cost
- In a PDB the database owner assumes all of the maintenance and build fees - in the b2bdw you pay as you go
- Licensing data from more than one comprehensive data source is in most cases cost prohibitive. From a cost perspective, having two sources is almost impossible. The b2bdw contains both the infoUSA Business File and the complete D&B file and you only pay for this data as you extract names
- PDB marketers typically have to assume the cost of administration, revenue reporting and campaign management in their base. This can be a very costly process. In the b2bdw we assume all of these responsibilities
Q: Why is a multi-mailer database such as the b2bdatawarehouse so much larger and more powerful than the average merge/purge or private database environment?
A: Because the b2bdatawarehouse has the supporting usage of over 80 mailers, we are able to bring in the 1,500 response generated lists that our users require. We also have full installs of both the infoUSA Business File and the D&B file for maximum firmographic enhancement coverage. Combine that size (100 million+ contacts) with the 3 types of source data (firmographic overlay, list owner reported, and derived such as "multi-buyer") we receive and you have one of the most powerful and effective marketing environments in the industry.
Q: Is the b2bdatawarehouse a "blind base"?
A: No, every list source is profiled and viewable based on your offer approvals.
Q: Do I have to put my list in for others to use?
A: No. Putting a customer list in is never a requirement of the b2bdatawarehouse.
Q: Why would I put my customer file or files into the b2bdatawarehouse?
A: It allows you proprietary use of your file for suppression and deduping from prospects. It also allows you to mail retention campaigns from the b2bdw and to build analytics that will give you a more complete view of your customers. These analytics will equip you to mail both retention and prospect offers more effectively.
Q: Who provides the expertise and production work?
A: Our b2b experts will work hand in hand with you to understand your vision and business model. We then bring to you the most relevant b2bdatawarehouse recommendations and "go to market" testing strategy. Our team provides you with production support in order to be sure you receive the most responsive and accurate data.
Q: Is the b2bdatwarehouse secure?
A: Our reputation is built on integrity and data security; and, the new b2bdatawarehouse is no different. We take great care of the responsibility with which we are entrusted. We use our own state-of-the-art service bureau which is SAS 70 certified. Each b2bdw user has their own dedicated "data security group" in order to guarantee privacy and data security.
Q: How do I get started?
A: Contact your Direct Media Millard or Edith Roman Associates representative in order to begin experiencing the power of the new b2bdatawarehouse. We will then begin the offer approval process, perform analysis on your customer file and provide you with our complimentary firmographic profile & testing strategy recommendations.
At this point you are ready to acquire, retain and grow your customers more efficiently and cost effectively.
Contact us today!